- 4 boneless sirloin pork chops, about 6-oz each, 1⁄2 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 jalapeno Chile, seeded, very finely minced, about 1⁄4 cup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
Stir together jalapeno, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar together in a small bowl. Wearing disposable gloves, rub mixture over all surfaces of chops. Place chops in single layer in shallow dish. In a large measuring cup, stir together all marinade ingredients; pour over chops, set aside for 20-30 minutes.
Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 400°F/204°C.
Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chops on EGG, turning once, to medium doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145°F/63°C, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Best served with avocado-corn salsa!