The entrecote is a popular type of meat, and the term is typically used to refer to a beef entrecote. But veal entrecotes are also delicious, especially grilled on a kamado like the Big Green Egg. You could serve this veal recipe with chimichurri and a nice ratatouille or polenta cookies.
- 1 veal entrecote in one piece of approx. 1.7 kg
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 250°C.
- Meanwhile, cut the veal entrecote into 4 equal entrecote steaks and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Place the entrecote steaks on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the meat for approx. 2 minutes, give it a quarter turn and grill again for 2 minutes to create a nice grill pattern.
- Flip the veal entrecote steaks and grill this side for another 2 x approx. 2 minutes until the entrecote steaks reach a core temperature of 53 °C until medium rare. You can measure the core temperature with the Instant Read Thermometer.
- Remove the entrecote steaks from the Big Green Egg. Cover loosely with aluminium foil and leave to rest for approx. 5 minutes.
- Cut the entrecote steaks into attractive slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.