These mini pizzas from the Big Green Egg are true party pizzas. You only have to bake them briefly on your kamado and their small size means they can easily be eaten with your hands. And because it’s a party, you’ll of course be holding a homemade sparkling cocktail in your other hand. You can make these with grilled watermelon from the Big Green Egg as well. The perfect combination of a festive snack and drink.
- 3.5 g dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 250 g flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 40 g pine nuts
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 red sweet pointed pepper
- 1 200g roll of goat cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- For the dough, stir the yeast and sugar into 50 millilitres of the lukewarm water. Place the flour with the salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well and mix it into the flour. Pour in the rest of the lukewarm water and the olive oil and knead into a smooth and elastic dough.
- Create a ball with the dough and place the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise for approx. 45 minutes. Meanwhile, ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the grid, to a temperature of 200°C.
- Meanwhile, pluck the basil leaves for the pesto. Peel the garlic and chop the cloves coarsely. Grind the garlic, pine nuts and grated Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Add the basil leaves and grind them fine. Stir in the olive oil and season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- For the topping, put the pointed pepper on the grid. Close the lid of the EGG and let the pepper roast for about 15 minutes until the skin is blackened; turn the pepper occasionally while roasting.
- Remove the pepper from the EGG and let it cool in a sealed plastic bag, or in a bowl covered with plastic.
- Remove the grid and place the convEGGtor. Replace the grid and place the Baking Stone on it. Heat the EGG to 250°C.
- Remove the skin, stems and seeds from the pepper and cut the flesh into strips.
- Roll out the dough on a worktop dusted with flour until it’s about 4 mm thick. Use a round cutter (Ø 6 cm) to cut around 15 circles from the dough. Brush the middle part of each piece of dough with a teaspoon of pesto. Cut the goat cheese into about 15 slices (depending on how many dough circles you have cut) of about 5 millimetres thick. Place a slice of goat cheese and a strip of roasted pepper on each dough base and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Place the mini pizzas on the Baking Stone. Close the lid of the EGG and bake the pizzas for approx. 4 minutes until done and crispy.