Barbecued vegetables are hot! The grill flavour only adds to the taste.
Surprise your guests and yourself with this delicious vegetarian recipe.
Combine it with fish or meat or serve it as part of a completely vegetarian BBQ.
And don’t be scared, those Padrón peppers on the skewer are not too spicy.
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Satay Grill, to 180-200°C.
- Meanwhile, cut the courgettes into slices approx. 3 cm thick and remove the seeds. Peel the onion. Remove the stalks and the seeds from the bell peppers. Cut the onion, peppers and aubergine into chunks of approx. 3 cm. Halve the Padrón peppers.
- Thread the vegetables alternately onto 8 skewers.
- To prepare the sauce, spoon the crème fraîche into a bowl and pour sweet chilli sauce over it, to taste. Finely chop the coriander leaves and sprinkle over the sauce.
- Brush the vegetable skewers and Cast Iron Satay Grill with olive oil. Place the skewers on the grill and grill them for about 5 minutes turning them after about 2.5 minutes. Close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Remove the skewers from the EGG. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve with the sauce.
Thread the vegetables onto a rosemary sprig or make a skewer out of lemon grass for even more flavour.