Salmon and papilotte – a delicious package of fish
Salmon and papillotte is incredibly easy to prepare. This method can also be used with other fish species.
Try them all so that you get to know the tastiest fish!
You decide what you want to add to the package. Choose from different vegetables, herbs or even fruit. You can choose whatever you like the most, you determine the content yourself.
Popular ingredients used are: tomatoes, herbs, lemons, garlic, olives, carrots, and zucchini (Courgette). You can also use a package from the supermarket, but that is of course much less fun and it will never taste the same!
How to get started
- Choose whether you are going to use the whole salmon or of you are going to cut it in slices.
- Use two strips of foil or a large piece of baking paper.
- Place the salmon fillet on the baking paper / foil.
- Add your vegetables, herbs and/or fruit, and add a bit of white wine.
- Drizzle with salt & pepper.
- Fold the foil / baking paper and close it.
- Make sure your barbecue is at a temperature of 220 degrees.
- Place your prepared fish packages on the barbecue.
9. Leave the packets on the barbecue for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use a core thermometer to measure the core temperature of the salmon which must be about 55 / 60 degrees. You can either use the Traditional – Stick & stay thermometer or the traditional Quick Read thermometer from Big Green Egg to measure the core temperature.
You can buy the thermometers here:
Big Green Egg – Traditional “Quick Read” thermometer
Big Green Egg – Traditional Stick & Stay Thermometer