Smoked salmon and cod are incredibly popular. But many other types of fish, such as cod, are perfect for smoking on your kamado. Are you ready to explore the possibilities of your Big Green Egg as a smoker to smoke your own fish?
- 4 cod loin fillets of 200g with skin
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg with 1 firelighter to create a hot spot of glowing charcoal. Heat up the EGG to 120°C.
- Place the cod fillet on the Perforated Half Grid, skin side down.
- Lay a Mesquite Wood Chunk on the hot spot. Place the convEGGtor and the grid and place Perforated Half Grid with the cod fillets on top. Close the lid of the EGG. The temperature of the EGG will drop initially, but that’s okay. Let it increase to a maximum of 120°C.
- Allow the cod to smoke for 35-45 minutes, until it reaches a core temperature of 42 °C. Check the core temperature using the Instant Read Thermometer.
- You could serve a fresh antiboise and a wonderful ratatouille from the Big Green Egg with your smoked cod fillet.