Smoking salmon on the Big Green Egg is easy and delicious. In this basic recipe for smoked salmon from the BBQ, we will use the warm method. We will smoke the salmon at a temperature of 80 ° C, using apple wood. After about 30 minutes, you will get a delicious hot smoked salmon from your kamado.
- 1 whole Norwegian salmon side with skin
- ½ bunch dill
- sea salt to taste
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg with 1 lighting block and wait until it has burned up and a hot spot of glowing charcoal has been created. Allow the salmon to come to room temperature.
- Sprinkle a handful of Apple Wood Chips on the hotspot. Put the convEGGtor in place and place the stainless steel grid in the EGG. Place the Perforated Cooking Grid with the salmon side on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Bring the EGG to a temperature of 80 ° C and allow the salmon to smoke until it reaches a core temperature of 42 ° C; this will take around 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, pick the leaves from the dill for the sauce and finely chop them. Mix with sea salt to taste through the crème fraîche.
- Check with a core thermometer if the salmon has a core temperature of 42 ° C. Remove the salmon from the Big Green Egg and serve with the dill sauce.