Sorting socks, reading Infinite Jest, decorating our homes: Some things, simply put, are never finished. In the hopes of helping you decorate savvily for all the rest of your live long days, we went ahead and rounded up the 50 greatest design tips and tricks in our arsenal.
1. Mount curtains high above your windows
The closer to the ceiling, the grander the room will feel.
2. Hang mirrors across from windows
They bounce the light around make rooms feel so much brighter.
3. Pendants should hover roughly 3 feet above surfaces
That goes for islands, bars and dining tables.
4. Consider furniture that does double duty
Like garden stools that double as side tables or ottomans that double as coffee tables.
5. Fill forlorn corners with plants
They can literally improve your mood.
6. Use rugs to separate zones
Voilà: Insta-dining room in your open-concept kitchen.